Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Oneness Blessing 

Today, I attended a "Oneness Blessing," something that many of you may have heard of or even experienced. The session lasted about one and one half hours. There was meditation, music, and eye transmission by Doug Bentley, the leader for the afternoon. (Doug is a monk from India.) Doug entered while our eyes were closed, sat upon his elevated chair at the front, and proceeded to give the "diksha" (initiation) silently. Sometimes he smiled and moved a bit in his chair. At times he was still.

When Doug smiled and moved about he was, I thought, simply experiencing deep rapture or even ecstasy, which can produce delightful sensations within. Many in the audience began to laugh uproariously during these periods, or even to shout and scream, as if some dramatic process were occurring within. I wondered whether or not they were not simply releasing the intense inner energies within, aroused by Doug's apparent joy.

As for me, I had no particularly dramatic experiences. I remained calm throughout and wondered what the lasting effects of the afternoon might be.

I had had this "diksha blessing" once before several years ago, but that was a very different experience. It was a one to one transmission and I did feel a slight bit of bliss during the session. This time I felt nothing of the kind, but did have quite a bit of internal imagery during the chakra meditation, all relating to experiences in India, that seemed to be from past lives. Once I was a male dancer (dressed in a skirt, such as is depicted in some ancient portrayals of males), once a boy riding an elephant during a majestic procession (and how glad I was to be this boy, rather than the potentate honored by the event), once someone (again male) carried aloft on a palanquin, and once someone (also male) being carried on a litter to the burial grounds.

Frankly, I'm not sure what I think of any of this, but the audience seemed to enjoy it immensely, and I met some lovely people there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?