Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 26, 2012

"The Seeker Attempts to Return" (poem by Dorothy) 



The Seeker Attempts to Return"

I could, of course, put
a mark
on my forehead
(and don’t think
I wouldn’t like
to do this)
or I might wander
about in a robe
of saffron or maroon
(and never believe
I wouldn’t wish
to clothe myself this way.)
I could stand beneath
a tree
and recite ancient verses,
give blessings as
someone with strange eyes
fondles a flute
or a stringed instrument
nearby
(and I would do this gratefully,
indeed I would.)
I could infuse the crowd
with sweetness,
love energy from God
and watch them cry out,
and fall to the ground.
Now I have only silence,
sometimes these words,
dream passages
from that other world
that I say to myself
at night.
Shanti, shanti, shanti

(from "The Ley Lines of the Soul, Poems of Ecstasy and Ascension")

(Note: The flowers were a gift from my friend Patricia Lay-Dorsey on my recent birthday.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?