Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Offering 





Dear Friends,
I have been off line for several days because of computer problems.  A good friend just came by and fixed the problem in about 30 minutes.  So I am finally back in business.
Here is a poem I wrote just recently:



The Offering

I have placed my heart
on this altar,
and now the animals come
one by one,
the lion,
the leopard,
even the hyena,
each taking their share.

They have arrived
to consume,
devour,
deliver me where
their own most
secret meaning abides,
cells and blood,
hide and bone.

Listen and you can
hear my voice calling
in their roar.
How I float
from sinew to
sinew.
How I drift
among the
hidden currents
of their veins.

At times I wonder,
Who am I now?
How much rapture
can I bear?

Dorothy Walters
January 22, 2013

(This poem is, of course, about merger into the divine.)





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?