Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Transfiguration (poem by Dorothy) 



(above is scene from my window during the current snow storm)

Transfiguration

(with apologies to Denise Levertov)

Evening.  Quiet.  When the music began
I took it for the subdued cries of sea birds,
the waves placating the shores.

Yet the music grew louder—
and the sound seemed to come
not from an external source
but from within.

Something began to stir,
as if a turning of a shaman
casting a spell,
a slowly spiraling dervish
practicing transformation
of elements.

Then I realized
that I was the one
who was moving,
it was I who was humming
this unidentifiable tune.

I knew not either
song nor dance,
only that something
seemed to awaken inside,
like a captured spirit
crying to come forth,
something that wanted
to carry me
to a place where I
had never been,
make of me
a reality
I could not name.

Dorothy Walters
April 14, 2013


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?