Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Poem by Jan Elvee--Processing (After Witnessing Someone Else Dance in the Workshop)  

Processing

I won't be good at this,
I have no visual memory.
And yet, here she is and here I am.
Something in me has been drawn,
mysteriously, to her,
as if I've known her always.

She begins.  My self-consciousness lessens.
I become very warm, pulling my sweater off over my head,
trying not to lose sight of her even for a second.

I get lost in her movements,
organic, exploratory,
joyful, meditative soaring.
Her beauty is overwhelming.
It touches me deeply.
I could, if I would let myself,
sob unendingly in gratitude for 
the exquisiteness of this experience, 
to be witness to another's vulnerability,
to connect on a level much deeper 
than words can describe.

Jan Elvee

(Note from Dorothy:  After we experience Kundalini awakening, we can easily be roused to bliss or joy just by watching something such as a dancer performing before us.  It is
as if each movement or turn awakenings some state of rapturous response within, and we
then become secret partners in the dance.)




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?