Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Kabir--"I Won't Come" 




I Won't Come

I won’t come
I won’t go
I won’t live
I won’t die

I’ll keep uttering
The name
And lose myself
In it

I’m bowl
And I’m platter
I’m man
And I’m woman

I’m grapefruit
And I’m sweet lime
I’m Hindu
And I’m Muslim

I’m fish
And I’m net
I’m fisherman
And I’m time

I’m nothing
Says Kabir
I’m not among the living
Or the dead

- Kabir
(Translated by Arvind Krishna Mehrotra)

Kabir was an early Indian poet/saint who advocated the "Sahaja path," which is described as the simple, natural way to Oneness in God.  He felt that union with the Divine should come from direct experience, for this was the true Guru.  He rejected all dogma and reliance on sacred texts, as well as such practices as austerities and chanting as paths for God/union.
For many of us, Kundalini itself offers such a "Direct Path," especially when we follow our own Inner Guru rather than external authority.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?