Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Mistakes 



My Mistakes
(inspired by Mary Oliver)

My mistakes?
Frankly, I have given up worrying about them.

I know, the memory is still there,
hiding in some dark corner of my mind
or behind some bushy plant in the garden.
Ready to spring
when my back is turned
and seize me by the throat.

All those times I did it wrong,
stumbled and fell.

Went the wrong way,
and got lost
sometimes for years.

Those I hurt or even harmed
when I didn’t mean it.

But most of the time
I shrug off this knowing, and say
I did the best I could
and continue.

Something is beckoning
up ahead and I must follow.
Already I can see the light streaming
through the branches,
carving my path.

Dorothy Walters
October 14, 2014


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?