Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"I am not here" (poem by Dorothy, after Kabir) 




I am not here
(after Kabir)

I am not here,
I am not there.

I am bird flying toward the sun
and fish swimming in the depths.

I do not walk on two legs,
nor gallop on four.

I am the circle
and its hidden center.

I am the pleasure
and also the pain.

I am god peering down
on earth
and the petitioner searching the sky
for the One.

I am the poet writing
and also the poem.

I am the book
and the reader turning its pages.

I am the tongue
and the words it speaks.

I am the god of stillness
and the goddess moving within.

I am myself
and the you I met in the street last night.

I have no name
and am the sound that is uttered
by the saint.

I do not live here
and am never home at my address.

I am the lost soul
and the awakened worshipper.

Dorothy Walters
October 23, 2014






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?