Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 15, 2014

Reincarnation Re-examined––The Ghost Inside My Child 



http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13kqkz_the-ghost-inside-my-child-s01e02_shortfilms

Check out Ghost Inside My Child, a new LMN series that explores the stories of children who appear to have lived a previous life, only on myLifetime.com!

If the above link does not work, then google the title of the program.  I get it on DirectTV, I think on Saturday evening.

The notion of reincarnation is one that continues to intrigue many of us.  Often we ourselves have had brief glimpses of such seeming recollections from other lifetimes.  And sometimes we encounter others who appear to retain vivid memories of events that occurred before their birth on earth as their present identities.

A great deal has been written on this topic, but much of it focuses on children born in India or other countries where reincarnation is accepted as a believable occurrence.  In America, where such is not the case, accounts have been rare and skepticism the norm.

However, a recent T. V. series sheds new light on this subject.  Called "Ghost Inside My Child," this series presents children now living in the U. S. who appear to retain clear memories of their previous lives and the nature of their deaths.  Many feel that they have perished in various accidents of prior times.  Sometimes they are convinced they were soldiers who died in battle, or passengers who drowned when a certain large ship sank.

In the latter case, a young man successfully identified the ship he was on (not the Titanic but rather the Lusitania) and was able to locate the living mother of the presumed young man who drowned in the water.  He visited with her and she believed his story and accepted him as the reincarnation of her son.

In another, a very young boy was convinced he had been killed as the pilot of a certain airplane that had been used in WWII.  Ultimately, with the help of his parents, he was able to locate a picture of that particular plane, even though it was not as well known as others in service at that time.

Often these children start recalling these incidents even before they can explain it very well in speech. And many times they seem to be reliving the fear that they felt in their death trauma.  Many times they draw pictures to indicate what they are talking about.  In most cases, the parents are confused and disturbed by their child's behavior, since the majority have no acquaintance with the subject of reincarnation.  But they are concerned that their children are unhappy, and often they are––ultimately––convinced.  They want to help their children get over apparent past life trauma and get on with their new lives.  Once the child is freed of such haunting memories, they can go forward in their new identities.

I am wondering if a young child I know is not such a case.  When she was only three years old, her mother noticed her carrying food to a table where there was a small statue of the Buddha.  When her mother asked her what she was doing, she replied that she was "feeding the Buddha."  Now, I do not know if it was common practice in earlier times to "feed the Buddha," but it was often the custom in Eastern temples and ashrams to awaken, bathe, and feed sculptures of the gods and goddesses.

This child is now nine years old.  Recently her grandmother was proofing some manuscripts  for me and happened to read aloud a poem I wrote some years ago called "Living with Buddha."  As she read, the youngster listened carefully, all the while drawing something on her tablet.  She had actually created a kind of collage, incorporating many of the images and themes from the poem, such as heart, light, ascension and several others.

This is a very long poem.  Many adults would not have the patience to listen to it.  But this child was enthralled and created her own visual response.  Somehow, I can't but wonder if she was recalling some past life when she was herself a follower of Buddha, and now was recreating some of the rituals and images that honored him.

I myself seemed to remember one past life incident which described how as a young man in eastern Tibet I had escaped a cruel master and sought refuge in a monastery.  What impressed me most about this memory was how terribly frightened I was when I reached the monastery.  Everything was strange and indeed intimating to me, a country lad who had never been anywhere at all but the horse ranch where I had lived.  I almost wept with sympathy for him.

Then I had another glimpse of his life after he had lived at the monastery for a while.  He was out collecting yak dung for fuel, using a long fork and tossing the patties into a basket on his back.  He was deliriously happy, and kept repeating to himself, "I have a job! I have a job!"  Again, I was very moved by his emotion and felt a strong identification with him.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?