Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 14, 2016

A Confession 






A few days ago, I wrote about a knockout bliss session that seemed almost unreal, especially for someone my age.

Then, two days later, it was the downside of the journey.  I made the mistake of eating the wrong combination of food in the evening and then during the night had a severe gastrointestinal upset.

So, as always, the journey (for me) is  continuing 'ups and downs," often with physical symptoms.

I wanted to post this so readers would not assume that my life was always a "bed of roses," with constant bliss, bliss, bliss.

We all have a different pattern.  Sometimes we have upsetting emotional swings.  Sometimes we feel like we have fallen into a chasm and can never climb out.  But always, balance returns, we are restored, we are happy once again.

Even the saints have times of despair, when they think that God has deserted them.
(See Evelyn Underhill's great work "Mysticism," an indispensable guide to spiritual transformation--start with Part Two.)

And, of course, once our kundalini is awakened, we are even more sensitive, with extremes often more intense than we have known before.  Sometimes we feel like we are on a roller coaster, with constant swings up and down.  I call it "The Roller Coaster of Love."  (But these oscillations definitely smooth out with time.)

My lesson for myself now: watch what you eat!

(Picture found on internet)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?