Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Strange Encounter and Notice of a Free Presentation by Mirabai Starr 



It happened at the grocery store.  I was there shopping with my friend Helene, when we bumped into an old friend of hers.  After they talked a bit, her friend turned to me and very soon asked me if I was a Buddhist.  I confessed that, in a sense, I felt I was (Tibetan, old school), although I did not belong to any official organization.  (In my experience, today's "Tibetan Buddhist" teachers seem to be more focused on personal psychological problems than spirituality as I understand it.)

Then she commented on my complexion and asked if I was Irish.  Of course, I am--I was born on St. Patrick's day and have proudly proclaimed my heritage as "Scotch-Irish" all my life.

Then she wanted to know whether I had been an only child––she felt I was either an only child or part of a large family.  I explained that although I had two very much older brothers, I was quite alone as I was growing up, very much as if I had been an only child.

This conversation only took a few minutes as the three of us were paused to talk with one another.  I thought her comments were most perceptive.  She explained that she had always been able to "read people."  She certainly read me.

It is snowing today and the entire world looks like a picture postcard.

FREE TALK TOMORROW ON INTERNET BY MIRABAI STARR

from
The Shift Network  
Dear Dorothy Walters,

Just a quick reminder to join us tomorrow for a LIVE Guided Meditation and Q&A with spiritual teacher Mirabai Starr.

She’ll be with us Thursday, March 24 at 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern — and here are your access details for this special session:

Connect to the webcast at Feminine Mystic Q&A

Or dial (425) 440-5100 and enter the PIN 862166#

If you have anything you’d like to explore around the feminine mystics, devotion, longing, grief, ecstasy, please bring your questions for Mirabai.

We look forward to having you all join us tomorrow!

 
Thanks 

The Shift Team



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?