Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Teresa of Avila––poem 






He desired me so I came close.

No one can near God unless he has
prepared a bed for
  you.

A thousand souls hear his call every
second,
but most every one then looks into their
  life's mirror and
says, "I am not worthy to leave this
sadness."

When I first heard his courting song, I
   too
looked at all I had done in my life
and said,

"How can I gaze into His omnipresent
eyes?"
I spoke those words with all
my heart,

but then He sang again, a song even
sweeter,
and when I tried to shame myself once
more from his presence
God showed me His compassion and
spoke a divine truth.

I made you, dear, and all I make is
perfect.
Please come close, for I
desire
 you.

Teresa of Avila 1515-1582

(Teresa of Avila was one of the greatest mystics of all time.  For about five years she experienced rapture almost daily.  These states reveal a close correspondence with what we call Kundalini itself, at least in its purest form, when it can bring indescribable bliss.  Notice also that in this poem she uses the traditional language of lover and beloved: "He desired me"; "unless he has prepared a bed for you"; his "courting song"; "Please come close, for I/desire/you.")

The famous sculpture by Bernini in Rome depicts Teresa in ecstasy as the angel pierces her heart with his lance and she is being ravished by the divine lover:



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?