Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 03, 2016

Another Day of Magic 









Yesterday I experienced another day of magic.  A friend drove me to a nearby state park and, while she climbed an extremely steep mountain trail, I sat quietly immersed in the beauty of the natural world before me.  As you can see, the elements were simple: a rushing stream, swaying trees, some lovely delicate plants. and one or two fishermen determined to get lucky in the water.

As sometimes happens, these features cohered and conspired to produce a truly mystical moment for me.  I felt the way Wordsworth must have felt long ago when he allowed the powers of the natural world to  possess him.  I wondered if this is how Mary Oliver must feel when she engages in her wondrous explorations of nature and its creatures.  I experienced total delight at every movement of the leaves, at each wave tossing in the water.  I felt not only nourished but blessed.

Anyone who has ready access to natural settings may wonder why this experience affected me so deeply.  For me, it was a rare event. I myself do not have a car and thus must depend on the generosity of friends to take me to such special locations.  I felt very very fortunate to have such a friend.  Indeed, I felt grateful and in fact blessed.

I concluded that if I should someday enter paradise, I would want it to be just like this.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?