Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Kim Stafford––"Proclamation"––(poem) 






Proclamation

Whereas the world is a house on fire;
Whereas the nations are filled with shouting;
Whereas hope seems small, sometimes
           a single bird on a wire
           left by migration behind.
Whereas kindness is seldom in the news
           and peace an abstraction
           while war is real;
Whereas words are all I have;
Whereas my life is short;
Whereas I am afraid;
Whereas I am free –despite all
           fire and anger and fear;
Be it therefore resolved a song
           shall be my calling – a song
           not yet made shall be vocation
           and peaceful words the work
           of my remaining days.

           - Kim Stafford
_______________________________________________


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?