Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

"The Anatomy of the Inner World"––poem by Dorothy 

The Anatomy of the Inner World






The Anatomy of the Inner World

This is a place you enter
without key or combination.
It is where your spirit lives
when you are out
doing errands
or at the theater with friends.

It is always waiting,
like a constant lover,
a devoted friend.

It keeps changing
how it looks,
becomes a shape shifter,
a floating image
in the trees.

But when you find it again,
its face is always familiar,
like the one you looked
at so carefully
after you were born.

Sometimes it is a rose garden,
sometimes a temple,
sometimes the rose itself
unfolding.


Dorothy Walters
January 6, 2008

My long time friend Jan Elvee sent me this poem this morning.  At first, I saw the title and thought, "My, that looks interesting.  Wish I had thought of that."

Then I noticed that I had, in fact, written this poem many years ago, but had long ago forgotten about it.  So it is a "found lost poem."  Thanks, Jan.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?