Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 29, 2017

Surprised by Joy, Attacked by Pain (  






Surprised by Joy, Visited by Pain (Sunday, May 28–Monday, May 29)

A few years ago, a book appeared with the title "Surprised by Joy."  This would be a good description of what can happen, once the Kundalini experience is well integrated and balanced into the system.

Here is the surprise I experienced yesterday morning:

I was in my dressing room, getting ready for the day, when I happened to notice the vial of my favorite essential oil (Frankincense and Amber) on the counter.  I decided to take a few whiffs of it, for it has a delightful odor and also often gives me a sense of deep relaxation.  But as I inhaled while I moved the vial back and forth, I realized I was experiencing more than a lovely scent.  I was feeling sweet energies around my face and head, and indeed, I continued to experience such soft waves of bliss everywhere I moved my hands (in circles) around my body.  And so, I received  an unexpected "visit" from the Beloved, as always subtle, delicate, and sensuous.

Here is  a poem I wrote earlier, that seems relevant this experience:

A THOUSAND WAYS

The Beloved knows a thousand ways
to enter your body.

When you were young,
she sent you a lover of flesh who stood near
to awaken your nature.

Now God is your unseen paramour
arriving without notice
on unexpected occasions.

To discover her,
turn gently,
and follow your breath
to the center of your being.

(from "Some Kiss We Want: Poems Selected and New")

Dorothy Walters
May 28, 2017

And here is my very different experience this morning:

Each year on Memorial Day Boulder sponsors a foot race called "Bolder Boulder."  This race has grown each year and now includes thousands of participants, some from foreign countries.  It is an exciting event, with, first, wheel chair entrants leading the way, then the most able runners, then the regular runners, and finally, the walkers.  I am able to watch much of it just two blocks from my house, and love to go there and vibrate to the heavy drums beating in rhythm, and enjoying the music blaring from the loudspeakers.

This morning I woke to the sounds of the drums already echoing just down the street, so I hurried on down to claim my spot.  This time, there was an added attraction.  On my corner, a group of young people were doing what I assume was "break dancing," in a very athletic way.  Indeed, they were skilled acrobats, standing on their hands, doing back flips,  gyrating around on the floor with astonishing skill, all this to accompaniment of what I would simply call "rap music."  Usually, I don't care for this type of music, but somehow this was different.  I soon found myself moving a bit in time with the frequencies, and then I noticed that my lower chakras were opening, in a subtle and indeed truly pleasant way.

So now I had been "surprised by joy" in both the upper and lower chakras, and both were  blissful.

But next I had an even different somatic experience.  Suddenly, in mid afternoon, I experienced what seemed to be an attack of food poisoning.  My poor stomach was wracked with pain, and I had a miserable time for a few hours.  I tried to account for this source of this upset and concluded it must have come from the food I had eaten the day before.  Ultimately, the pain subsided, and I was left tired and (now) hungry.

I am always intrigued by how our states of consciousness can so easily shift, moving from the upper to the lower chakras,  from joy to pain.






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?