Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 17, 2017

From Plank to Plank 







From Plank to Plank

I stepped from Plank to Plank
A slow and cautious way
The Stars about my Head I felt
About my Feet the Sea.

I knew not but the next
Would be my final inch—
This gave me that precarious Gait
Some call Experience.
                            Emily Dickinson

Yes, that's how it is.
Each plank a narrow security,
nothing certain, nothing permanent,
no warranty or guarantee.

And always the space in between.
We wonder, will a foothold await?
Will we arrive safely
at the next station of comfort?

Or will we slip, go hurtling down
into the roiling tumult below,
water heaving and tumbling,
so many lost there before.

In the meantime, love.
Always enfolding.
Arms ready to catch us,
carry us,
take us home.

Dorothy Walters
June 16, 2017

Art credit: "Hussaini Hanging Bridge, Pakistan," across the Hunza River in the village of Hussaini in northern Pakistan, photograph by Jonathan Blair/Corbis.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?