Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 24, 2017

A Random Act of Kindness 






A Random Act of Kindness

Today I walked over to a nearby deli to pick up a sandwich and salad for lunch.  The place I go to is a favorite of young people as well as those who seem to be more working types.  Sometimes I feel a bit out of place there as an older woman who definitely does not "fit in" with the crowd.

As I was getting ready to pay, a young man (about 22-or 23) stepped up and announced that he was paying for my lunch.  I looked at him for a minute. He was wearing ragged jeans (apparently the style these days) and also a rumpled tee shirt.  When I protested, he insisted and said, "My mother taught me well."  So I agreed and told him to give her my thanks and also a hug from me.  Then as I walked over to pick up my order, the even younger fellow behind the counter said he had overheard the exchange and added, "Yes, there are still people like this in the world."

I was a bit overwhelmed by all of this.  Indeed, kindness is the answer.  And this episode was a lovely reminder that indeed it does exist in our world, amidst all the chaos and confusion.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?