Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 18, 2017

A Random Act of Kindness 







A Random Act of Kindness

The morning was perfect.  "Sunny and mild" as the say on the weather channel.  I decided to walk over to Boulder creek, some half mile from my home.  Recently I had done two such walks (in a different direction) and felt there would be no problem.

At first, it was fun.  Two or three squirrels frolic in our courtyard, and one of them seemed to be waiting for me.  He froze in place and looked me square in the eye.  I stopped and returned his gaze.  We examined one another this way for about 5 minutes and then he scampered off.

As I walked west along the sidewalk, I came upon a plant I truly love.  I believe it is called "Egyptian grass."  It is, to me, quite beautiful.  I paused to admire its wavy golden "tresses" and even seemed to feel its energies flowing within.

I soon arrived at Naropa University, a famous Tibetan Buddhist school near by.  Classes were not yet in session, so almost no one was around.  I walked over to their lovely flower garden, and was immediately overtaken by one of the most beautiful scents ever.  This aroma continued until I went on my way.

My aim was to visit the creek and enjoy its rioting, tumbling waters.  However, the tree leaves were so thick along the bank that I could barely get a glimpse of the creek.  As I continued along the sidewalk near the water, a strange fellow approached me.  Clearly he was a transient, for he had a huge backpack and a bushy beard.  He asked me (in a polite tone), "Do you want to freak people out?"  Intrigued, I inquired how I could do that.  "Tell them that you caught a hundred pound bass in Boulder Creek."   I had a good chuckle to myself as I went on.

However, things changed after this.  I started having trouble walking as I headed home.  I was short of breath and my legs were heavy.  Soon I had to stop every few steps and sit to rest at each bench I passed.  I continued, always getting dizzier, more unsteady.  I realized I was dehydrated, and this dryness was sapping my energy.  However, I kept on, determined to make it home (only a few blocks away.)  Finally I realized I needed someone to call a cab for me (old cell phone kaput, trying to buy a newer one).  At first I waved to a woman passing in her car, and she waved back.  I kept on walking

Finally, my good samaritan arrived.  He went to fetch his own car nearby and drove me home.  However, when he left me alone to get his car, I once more lost my balance and fell backwards against a wooden fence.  Luckily, nothing was broken and he helped me up, gave me water to drink, and took me right to my address.  I found out that he was in the service (intelligence) and had a brand new daughter.  I thanked him profusely and told him his baby had a good father and his wife had a good husband.

Experiences such as this renew my faith in humanity.  Blessed are those who practice "random acts of kindness."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?