Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 13, 2017

"Different"––Poem by Dorothy 





Different

I have always been one
who was "different."
I was the child reading a book
in the corner while the others
played rough and tumble games
on the playground at recess.

Then, while the other girls
were looking for "Mr. Right,"
I just had a "best friend."
I fell in love with her.
We walked home after school
each day arm in arm
and that was the highlight,
the epitome of bliss.

Then I got enamored
of my college poetry teacher,
a transcendentalist who felt
that poetry, like nature,
was sacred.
She converted me to
a new kind of religion.
In church we repeated
"There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance
in matter. All is infinite Mind
and its infinite manifestation,
for God is All-in-all."
For this reason we never went
to doctors, but relied on
"readers" to heal us, should
we have some kind of ailment.
We called these flaws "mistakes."
When the cat's eye got sore,
her little daughter explained to me,
"The cat has a mistake
in its eye."

I read the myth of Plato's cave
and realized the fallacy
of the social trance,
its norms and expectations.

Suddenly the world and
all its contents
were beautiful
and love was everywhere.
There was a truth beyond seeming truth,
a beauty beyond the manifest.

Later I entered graduate school,
something frowned upon
by society at that time.
Women were supposed
to stay home, bake bread,
have babies,
support their husbands.
That as a future life
did not appeal to me.

I lost my faith and fell in love
for certain
and realized who I was.

After that I lived a hidden life,
forced to conceal my true identity
for the public censure that would arouse.
I loved a person of my own sex,
and that was not tolerated.
I was an outcast.

I got my heart broken several times
and had no one to tell.

The last time was so much a shock
that my Kundalini jumped.

Now I had a new lover,
one who would never leave,
for she lived inside me.
Again, there was no one to tell.

I call her "the Beloved Within"
and we still make love often,
in ways that call up words
like "ecstasy" and "rapture."

We never touch.
Each moment together
is sacred.

Even the teachers
often cannot explain
what this is.

I think this is God
reminding you of
who you truly are.

I think that all of us
are moving toward
this state,  and will know it
now
or when we die.

I think that this in fact
is "unconditional love"
and that is the reality
of all that is.

Blessings to all.
May your journey be filled
with joy and grace.

Dorothy Walters
August 13, 2017

(image from internet)






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?