Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

More on the Eclipse 





More on the Eclipse

During yesterday's eclipse many had transcendent responses, for they knew they were having a "once in a lifetime" experience, one they would tell their children and grandchildren about for years.  There were celebrations and shouts of joy, and people used such terms as awing, fabulous, and "beyond anything they had ever encountered" to describe their exalted state.

But my experience was quite different.  For the most part, I stayed inside and watched the event on the T. V.  However, when I went out on my balcony briefly during the time of partial darkness (more like twilight here), my eyes started hurting and my skin was irritated, as if I had encountered some kind of pollutant in the air.  So I went back inside and watched the screen as the sun darkened again and again over the land.

But I was troubled as to why I had had such an atypical experience, when thousands of my fellow humans were in effect transported by this rare cosmic phenomenon.  I wondered why I so often have had such unexpected and even bizarre reactions, not only to this but to other experiences as well.  At times, I am the one who soars, at others I seem to descend.

Then a friend described to me a video by a female Indian guru, who enumerated what were (in her tradition) the dangers of solar eclipse.  In her view (apparently handed down from the rishis of yore), eclipses were dangerous, for they released malevolent bacteria into the atmosphere.  These could bring actual illness to humans as well as plants and animals.  Growing crops would begin to droop and animals (such as lions and tigers) would be depressed, "hiding in the corner" and refusing to eat.

She advised that we ourselves should neither eat nor drink for about two hours before the eclipse, should remain inside, and should meditate during the actual event, for the effect of each meditation would be increased a hundred fold.

I do not know how valid her concerns are, but I do know that my response was indeed negative, and I realized that perhaps my reaction was not so strange after all.  I was relieved when I uncovered this information.  I had felt listless and depleted all that afternoon, but my energy finally returned later.

And oddly, I received this welcome knowledge from a new friend in my apartment complex, whom I just "happened" to meet as I went downstairs to retrieve my mail.  I was most grateful to her for letting me know that certain ancient Hindu traditions warn about the possible dangers of such cosmic events, and that my response was in line with these teachings.  Since then, I have heard from another friend who felt "nauseous" during the eclipse.  Maybe such response is in the DNA of some of us who are "supersensitive" and thus have unusual reactions.  As always, everything is a mystery.

Here is the link to the video:

 "Amma Sri Karunamayi eNews"
Date: August 16, 2017 at 5:51:05 PM MDT

Subject: ✦ AMMA's Message for the SOLAR ECLIPSE ✦ Events in India ✦



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?