Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Almost Midnight 





Almost Midnight

It is almost midnight
and already I have stayed up too late,
reading this one's poem,
that one's account of meaningful encounter
with the inner immensity.
Glimpses of another's soul,
snapshots of someone else's truth.

Once more I will not be able
to rise early,
achieve all the essential tasks
I have listed,
many will have to be postponed
to yet another day,
a tally that ever grows longer.

Still, my mantra,
as always, is "I'm doing the best I can"
and then the other voice interrupts saying,
"not enough, never enough, hurry
and finish whatever it is."

I contemplate what I have achieved
this day
and the tab is short.

I wonder how I can do better,
complete the projects
that weigh me down
like a load of bricks tied to my back.

And I repeat,
"I am doing the best I can"
and then the refrain "it is never enough."

Dorothy Walters
September 3, 2017

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?