Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Elegy for My Beloved Departeds 





Elegy for my Beloved Departeds

Midnight and I am searching
among my forgotten ghosts
for a trace of what was,
these phantoms
that strode through
and shaped my life,
still held close
by me.

Who were they?
Where have they gone?
Are they now nothing
but air,
bits of dust
that cling to you
as you pass by?

What dreams did we
manufacture together,
what splendors,
what pain,
merely a deceptive drama
played out
on a make-believe stage?
Where did these moments go,
these rivulets of time,
these illusions of being?

Always there are
no answers,
only the echoing murmurs
of the wind
in the branches,
the stirring of the curtains
as it passes through.

Dorothy Walters
October 18, 2017

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?