Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 21, 2017

J. S. Jackson––Book of Solace and Madness 






 Mystical Poetry by J.S. Jackson

"Taking the abilities J.S. Jackson has carefully crafted as a lyricist in Enation, this book of Mystical Poetry explores deep, emotional, and personal themes."  (blurb)

Excerpt from 'Book of Solace and Madness':

"I came from the womb of a shining poet, and
the loins of a musical physician. I was brought
up on visions of grace, and songs of mercy.
Argument was fed to me for bread, and
thought, for milk and honey. Preciousness, was
hummed over my bed of waking dreams. And
awareness was planted, in the soil of my heart.
Beneath fabled skies, conviction caressed my
senses in mystical awe, like the softness of a
mother’s hand. Lion’s eyes were fixed into my
scull, and the teeth of wolves were placed into
my gums. I was given an eagle for a brother
and a mare for a sister. Both guided me,
through tunnels and streams of joy and bliss,
bearing the burden of transient creatures. I
missed you most, during the night. Lying on
peddles of violet fascination, tears of Eden
would swell to overflowing—as we rehearsed
our coming death, through the discipline of
sleep.
    O Author of Beauty, you would visit me, with
visions from within, of beating drums and
tolling bells. And visions from without, of
living effigies, wrapped in cloaks of flesh,
plucking nylon strings, of blood and laughter.
   Death, stands before me every hour,
glimmering life into reflection. I welcome its
shadow. For I need this wound, to separate the
day from the night."

'Book of Solace and Madness'––J.S. Jackson


(This excerpt is a fascinating example of the "romantic" vision, of the excess of feeling found in such early writers as Thomas Wolfe (of "Look Homeward Angel" fame), of Keats and Shelley, and Thoreau at Walden and even certain passages of Melville in "Moby Dick."  It is the sublimely personal, a work which lays bare the depth of feeling of the author in a way that has largely gone out of fashion among contemporary poets, who often maintain a careful distance between their perspective and the subject.  Today's fashion favors the "objective" over the "subjective" point of view, as if what we feel must be excluded to give way to what we think.  I love such poetic language, with its elegant metaphors and arresting images.  It is as if the Muse has unleashed the wild imagination to explore what is often repressed and unsaid.  Many feel that such abandoned imaginings are closely tied to the Kundalini Within.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?