Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Divided Self 




The Divided Self

I have tried so long
to go beyond
this body.

I have chanted,
done movements,
let rapture come in.

Often I think
I have finally
become the Other,
the one I have longed for,
felt enter my physical container,
transcended as light.

Yet my body keeps on
reminding me
that it is still there,
needs attention,
crying to be loved.

When I look in the mirror
I see it remains,
neglected creature needing to lose
a bit of its roundness
here and there,
acquiring new lines and markings
over the years.

It tells me it is lonely,
has problems
that need to be fixed.

I have now become two beings,
each claiming ownership
of a single residence,
sharing the premises
of an unnamed reality.

Dorothy Walters
October 21, 2017

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?