Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 16, 2017

The Mythical Saint Speaks––poem by Dorothy 





The Mythical Saint Speaks

Frankly, at this point
I am not sure
whether I existed
or not.

I was someone who lived alone,
prayed a lot,
made friends with the birds
and the other animals.

Once at midnight an angel came
into my room,
filled everything with light.

I was no stranger
to rapture.

After I died
the stories began to be passed around,
miracles in places I had
never heard of,
healings of people 
I never knew.

They wrote about me 
in books,
put up statues and paintings
in holy places
where people knelt 
in awe.

I miss the trees 
and the birds.
They were with me then
and even now
I sometimes hear them singing nearby
when I sleep.

Dorothy Walters
October 14, 2017
.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?