Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 25, 2017

A Christmas Angel 





A Christmas Angel

A few years ago I happened to be getting into the passenger's side of my car, then stopped in front of a country inn/restaurant.  As I did so, a little old man appeared from nowhere to help me into my car.  (Actually, he was not just old, but indeed ancient).  Then he declared with joy,  "Isn't it wonderful to be alive?" and disappeared, as mysteriously as he had come.

I often repeat these words for they express a truth we must never forget.  Whatever else happens in this topsy turvy world, it is indeed "wonderful to be alive."

Happy holidays and blessings to all,
Dorothy

P. S. I have a new resolution for the coming year.  I went to a Klezmer concert last night and now wish to learn to do the wonderful circle dance to that beautiful, plaintive, deeply moving music that is part of the Jewish heritage.  In the meantime, I will try to improve my walking and spend time listening  to that music, which I love.

Also, I will think of things for which I have gratitude.  Foremost among them is gratitude for so many wonderful friends I have found through this (blogger) site and FB.  Such connections mean a great deal to me, especially when I recall the 15 years I spent in near total spiritual (and social) isolation at the beginning of my kundalini journey.

And I recall an I Ching reading I got many years ago: "Gather your friends around you.  In friendship there is strength." And, of course, the Beloved is the greatest friend of all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?