Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 28, 2017

About 'Merry Christmas" 

About "Merry Christmas"

Let me say at the outset that I am not Jewish nor do I have an affiliation with any religious institution or spiritual lineage (though I do strongly believe in the divine reality, and like the Dalai Lama, my religion is kindness ––and the joy of sometimes union with the Beloved Within.")

I watched the news last night and saw that "that one" bragged that he had "ended the war on Merry Christmas." What was he talking about?  I think he was speaking to those who hold that their own religion (Christianity) is the only acceptable faith and any deviation from that is somehow irreverent or unAmerican.  These are the "make America great again" folks who somehow forget that we are a nation that welcomes diversity, that put the separation of church and state into law, and who do not practice bigotry and hate as public policy.

So I ask myself, "How would I feel if I were part of a religious minority (Jew, Muslim, even atheist) and had been informed that in effect that if I did not embrace the celebration of the birth of the founder of what become the Christian religion I was somehow failing to embrace what was right and  proper for my country?

 Thus "Happy Holiday" (which applies to us all) is wrong and "Merry Christmas" is right.

Once again I am appalled and embarrassed at this humiliating view on the part of the "leader" of our country.  Such antics do nothing to "make America great" but moves us closer to a non inclusive, authoritarian and even fascist state.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?