Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 30, 2017

"Reading the Akashic Records"––poem by Dorothy 




Reading the Akashic Records

Recently, I talked
with someone
who is dead.
It was a pleasant conversation
and I was glad to know
that she is doing well.

Now I am being told
that I could read
the Akashic records.

This thought gives me pause.

What if it were true?
What if I checked in
and told them all I saw
and then came across something dreadful,
something better forgotten?
What if there were some old feeling
deep within that soul,
some buried anger ready to explode
like a quiescent volcano
waking up
or a reservoir of grief
preparing to overflow?
What have I done?

I have decided not to go there.
I am happy where I am,
secure in my own comfort zone,
ready to explore certain suspect areas,
but ready to draw the line
if need arises.

Let others dabble
in such unproved realms
that could be true
or else tricks of the
imagination.

I hold to the Beloved.
I love her and
She loves me in return.
Our rendezvous are delicious
and that is enough for me.
Perhaps in some other state,
another phase of my existence
when I am someone else
free of the body's concerns
I can look at the records
and see what is written there
under my name.

But for now the dishwasher is
finished, and the laundry
is almost dry,
ready to be folded neatly
and put away
in the proper drawer.

Dorothy Walters
December 28, 2017
(image from internet)

Note: I intended to post this yesterday, but somehow that did not happen.  I am putting it up now and will post yet another  poem today.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?