Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"To the One Within"––poem by Dorothy 




To the One Within

I have nothing.
Not even a robe
or a mark on my brow.
I do not wish to wear jeweled garments
and wear a halo around my head
and talk to large gatherings of people
to tell them what to think
or get smashed in crowds
at festivals and celebrations.
No longer able to do floor yoga,
instead I stand.
I bring no incense or offerings
of fruit or flowers,
kiss no feet.
My temple is silence.

Yet at times
I know You are there.
When You come I forget
all else,
what the others think or do.
It does not matter
if I am clothed or naked,
fed or hungry.
My moves are subtle,
yet they bring much bliss.
Others would not believe
even if I told.

These meetings are secret.
Something between the
two of us.
Something some
are looking for
and often have not found.

Om shanti, om shanti, om shanti, om

Dorothy Walters
December 13, 2017

(painting by Jan Elvee)


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?