Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 22, 2018

"The Agnostic's Prayer"––poem by Dorothy (revised) 





The Agnostic's Prayer

They talk of miracles.
Of stables and hay
and virgins giving birth.
A world savior arriving.
A star.

I sit here
thinking of Buddha
beneath the Bodhi tree.
His mother seeking shelter
from the rain.
That flower he lifted
in front of his disciples

And then there was this wild Shiva dancing,
this Krishna and his
hypnotic flute.
Paravati, Laksmi, devas riding the sky.

Sky gods, earth mothers,
what should I believe?
Save me from the myths
and superstitions
of a frightened crowd
seeking comfort
from the unknown.
What should I make
of any of these?

I will take refuge
in my mind.

Yet I do not know
who I am,
how I got here,
how to behave.
Some kind of strangeness
seems to be at work here
that put it all together.
Something I can only guess at,
things I can't explain.

I sit in confusion and silence
and a voice that keeps repeating
"I love you"
and telling me to attend.

Dorothy Walters
January 6, 2018

(image from internet)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?