Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 23, 2018

Who I Am––poem by Dorothy 





Who I Am

I am not the young one
gazing in admiration
at the teacher
I adored.

I am not the person
whose lover always left,
casting me adrift on
the island of grief,
lost in the abyss of despair.

I am not she
who discovered
the Great Mother,
became her willing
acolyte,
felt her power
within.

I an not the being
who was torched awake
by the passion
of the real,
cells and sinews restrung
as I entered the vast unknown.

Nor am I the traveler
who felt earth's secret
currents
stream through her body
standing in bliss in certain
appointed spots
of ancient worship.

I am the one
who lives quietly,
hermit of the soul,
communing with the lover
known only to me.

Sometimes we revel in rapture,
sometimes we write
with a sober pen.

Snow outside,
warmth and Mozart inside,
what better life than this?

Dorothy Walters
February 23, 2018

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?