Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Two Unexpected Visits from the Beloved 








When you go through a long Kundalini awakening process, unexpected things can happen, including surprise ecstatic visits from the Beloved.  Two of these happened to me recently.  I think I wrote about the first one, which happened as I was listening on the internet to the music of Sheela Bringi, which I found totally hypnotizing and bliss bestowing.  Another one came even more recently (yesterday) as I gazed on the image above, captured by my new friend now living in Nepal.  Here is what happened:

Ecstatic Bliss and the Yab/yum

It happened this morning (yesterday) when I was not expecting it.  My new friend now lives in Nepal near Katmandu, home of the famous stupa with the eyes of Buddha staring down at the pilgrims below who turn the prayer wheels as they pass.

Some years back, she had climbed to the highest interior levels of the stupa, where she discovered a small representation of the famous Tibetan yab/yum image of the goddess and goddess in union (Shiva and Shakti locked in embrace.)  She photographed this stunning image at that time and that was a good thing, for today these areas are no longer open to the public.

Today she sent me an enlarged digital photograph of this piece of sacred art.  I gazed on it with interest for a few minutes and then noticed sweet energies flowing in my hands.  Soon these rapturous energies entered my head and the intense bliss continued for several minutes, perhaps 10-15.  I finally closed my eyes and left the computer, but my altered state continued (though not as blissful) for some 20-30 minutes thereafter.

I then recalled that contemplation on the yab/yum (in a different representation) was a central part of my Kundalini awakening in l981.  Obviously, this is a very powerful image and indeed has been revered and worshipped by untold numbers for many generations in certain far Eastern countries.

I thought about how I would love to visit my friend in Nepal but realized that this would be totally impossible at my present age and state of health.  But a voice spoke (inside) and it said, 'You are going to Nepal."  I protested that there would be too many challenges, and the voice responded, "These will be taken care of."  I have no idea how this journey could happen.  I thought of out of body travel, teleportation, bi location (like Padmasambhava, who appeared to huge audiences in different locations at the same time), and even after-death travel.  I suppose that anything  is possible, but I will have to wait and see what happens next in this fascinating process.

I have many times felt rapture from music, movement, poetry, art work, earth itself, mantra repetition, frankincense/amber essential oil, groups in coherent energy states, other persons' energetic fields, my Buddhist thangka, and likely others modes as well.  But I have never felt such energies from a sacred representation, although once  I did feel them emanating from a  picture of the founding guru of a small ashram.

After some reflection, I recalled that this image had played a central role in my 'initiation" in 1981.  Then I had gazed at this illustration (quite different from the one above) until it induced a sensation of total ecstasy within.  In that state, my energies had shot from my root into my head and there it was indeed as if 'a thousand lotus petals opened,' as in the classic descriptions of such awakenings.  And so it was, some 37 years later, this depiction of the same image awakened deep ecstasy within, though not as intense as in the original experience.

Dorothy Walters
April 2, 2018

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?