Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 21, 2018

The Magic of Ireland––Brian Luke Seaward 







The Magic of Ireland

By Brian Luke Seaward, Ph.D.

"The first time I noticed the imprint of what appeared to be a mysterious symbol on the palm of my right hand was in the shower as I poured out some shampoo. Over the next seven months, this same symbol appeared several more times. During the last occurrence it appeared on the left palm, this time with a Sanskrit word written on my finger. When all rational explanations fail (assuming fear has not erased our curiosity) we tend to entertain irrational possibilities.

When we cross the threshold of mystery, it’s wise to be cautious: we need both discernment and illumination. We certainly can use some guidance.
Spiritual wake up calls can come in a variety experiences – such as premonitions, psychic dreams, bizarre coincidences, or like the symbol on my palm.  The common thread found in these events is an invitation to explore a world different from the one experienced through the senses of sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. When the curtain is pulled back from our normal reality, even briefly, a glance into other realms is both alluring (the excitement of discovery) and challenging (the confrontation with belief). While there are many excellent guides, there are a few known to lead the curious astray.

I have had several mystical experiences and I know this isn’t rare. Having an “other worldly” encounter, one that defies the logical, rational mind, may not be uncommon, but it can leave us feeling alone. If we tell others, they might reject us or label us crazy. I think feeling apprehension is not only normal, but to some extent healthy: we should be cautious. But we should not let fear immobilize our spiritual quest.

In the past when spiritual awakenings led to exploration, the seeker would go to a tribal elder for validation, insight, wisdom. We still have wisdom keepers, yet today we are more likely to consult spiritual elders’ books than to talk to them directly.

On a trip to Ireland in 2010, I explored the ancient sites of New Grange and the portal tombs of the Boyne Valley. Walking among the field of stones, I recalled being told by a psychic that the symbol on my hand was an ancient Celtic symbol that would reveal itself to me one day. As I entered the portal tomb, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. There before me was a symbol identical to the one that appeared on my hand years before. The tour guide explained that Celtic bards and wisdom keepers marked these stones with symbols as a way to pass down wisdom through the ages. I passed my hand over the stone carving and smiled."

(picture from internet)

(Brian Luke Seaward is a writer, mystic, and lover of Ireland.  He leads special tours there often.  The front of the stone in front of the entrance to Newgrange is covered in spirals,
a symbol found throughout that country.  I did not particularly resonate when I walked through this ancient passage tomb, whereas I fell into profound ecstasy at the site of Tara,
the place where the old kings of Ireland were crowned.  Before that, Tara was sacred to the Great Mother Goddess.  I also felt much bliss at the various "holy wells" scattered about the countryside.)


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?