Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Story About a Sunflower––Chris Bartel 






A Story About a Sunflower

"When I was 12yrs old I grew an enormous sunflower in the centre of my parents' garden. It was twice as tall as I was, and surrounded by Dahlias, Roses, Crysanthemums and Fuschsias. It stood alone as a towering radiant golden and yellow centrepiece and I adored it. Every day I would come home from school and rush out to stare at it. Every day, that was the first thing I did when I got home. Then one day, bizarrely, it stared back at me... This was no illusion or imagination. There was a definite entity looking down at me, something kind and loving beyond all comparison. I was stunned, didn't know what to make of it, and just filed it away in memory and never spoke to anyone about it.
Seven years later, in 1977, I was playing a self-hypnosis tape someone had loaned me, and on the tape it asked me to imagine a beautiful flower and to keep focussing on it and merge with it, so I did. Naturally, I chose my beloved sunflower as it was so strongly embedded in my memory. But what a surprise I got when I fully merged with it and found myself as a plant, feeling a newfound total freedom, swaying in the breeze - as that sunflower - in a sea of floral beauty, rooted to the spot... and then along came this boy and stared up at me... and so I naturally 'merged' with him too. The love I felt for him was and still is indescribable, because I was in a state of deep relaxation/hypnosis so there were no inhibiting factors. It was my first experience of pure, unconditional 'self-love', even though the boy was not able to process what he was seeing - which was himself - and could only accept it as 'deep connectness','wonder','awe' and perplexity. That was also the very first time I can remember being conscious in two completely different times simultaneously... which is when and how I discovered that pure consciousness exists beyond the mind and outside of time."
Chris Bartel

via Yana Castle "Thank you for this story, José Luis G. Soler!"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?