Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

On Publishing a Book 

On Publishing a Book: "The Kundalini Poems: Reflections of Radiance and Joy."

When you publish your book, you quickly learn that the writing itself may be the easiest part.

My own special creative surge began about 18 months ago.  Instead of writing a poem each week, I began to "receive" poems effortlessly, as if a voice within wished to be heard.  Thus I became in effect merely the instrument or channel for this unknown source.

At a certain point, I had to stop and attend to the process of getting ready for my upcoming move.  By now, I had almost 200 new poems, far too many for a book of poems.  So here is what came next.

First, I printed them all up (from the blog  where they had first appeared).  Next I sorted them and eliminated some from this cut.  Next I began the (for me) difficult task of constructing a digital file.  I had to locate each poem in the Blog archives (by date) and copy and paste it into the file.

Once this was finished, I had to think about  publication possibilities.

What many may not realize is that getting your poetry book accepted by an established publisher is extremely difficult these days.  Most publishers refuse even to consider submissions of poetry (unless of course your name is Rumi or Mary Oliver or others of similar rank).

So I sent my new volume of verses to Emergent Education Press, a small press headed by two wonderful people with whom I already had a connection.  They are planning to publish a collection of my prose writings ("Kundalini Splendor: The Future as Ecstasy") in the spring.  To my great delight, they liked this new book and are going to publish it in
November of this year.

I cannot imagine a better match or outlet for these creations.  This press is devoted to publishing works that look to the future.  I do believe I fit into this category.

Blessings to All,

Dorothy

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?