Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 06, 2018

The Illuminated Rumi 


"The Illuminated Rumi"

When I was in rehab, dear friend Jacqueline Arnold, brought me some books to look at and enjoy. Each one made a profound impact on me. I am going to describe each in turn here.
The first was Coleman Barks' "The Iluminated Rumi." Many of you may already have this book, but it repays another look. It has beautiful excerpts from various Rumi poems and lovely illustrations. I liked to copy especially striking images or phrases and then contemplate them. Here is my all time favorite:

"Keep on walking.
Of course, there is no where to go."
                                  (Rumi)

For me, this is a perfect description of life.

So, keep on walking, everyone.

Dorothy

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?