Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 27, 2019

My Portion––poem by Dorothy 

My Portion

In truth
there was little hope
for someone like me.
I did not know how
to sound the mantras
with the correct vibration.
I could never form
the mudras
into the proper shape.
As for asanas,
my body was too awkward.
So stiff it would
never reach the correct
postion,
attain the prescribed posture.

I was an innocent
and had no knowledge
of what was required,
what the texts
insisted upon.

I never sought
Enlightenment
nor did I comprehend
its meaning.
I did not even know
how to pronounce
the names of the gods.

Yet one day
the lotus rose
from the waters
and opened
in my head.
Ecstasy was my portion.
After that
my life
was never the same.

Dorothy Walters
April 25, 2019

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?