Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 03, 2019

Deva Premal  






Last night I went to a concert by Dema Premal, one of our most acclaimed singers of mantra and other forms of sacred music. I enjoyed the recital very much, but did not experience rapture (too many people for me). But I remembered this poem I wrote a while back, when Dema's voice put me into ecstasy, as I listened in the solitude and safety of my own home.



Deva Premal

Listening to this hidden goddess sing,
I forget who I am,
for I am she.
I move my clasped hands
above my head
to awaken
the sweet centers within.

She rises from the scent
of the blossom
where she resides.

Now it is time to move,
the rhythms of the body
matching the cadence
of the music.

She is honey nectar
and I drink shamelessly,
a hummingbird's tongue
thrusting into a flower.

My body knows how to listen,
where to go.

My body is this, this
flowing light.

(from "The Kundalini Poems")
(picture from internet)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?