Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Digital Images of Nature Taunting Me--poem by Dorothy 



Digital Images of Nature Taunting Me

 Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
                            William Wordsworth

I crave it, the way
a wanton yearns for love,
I can, yes, smell the moist soil,
feel the spray of the stream
on my face,
follow the trail
into the wilderness
where the trees sing
in low alto voices: "come,
we will heal you,
hold you, make you glad.
Have you forgotten us,
our power,
we who are you?"

But these representations are not the same––
artificial,  imitations, sterile.
So now I have only these images,
two dimensions without scent or signals
or pulse. Brave attempts to copy ambience, tone,
they awaken desire and never fulfill.

 The beginning
and the end of every day,
each cycle,
now taking place without me,
who decided this fate
of lost connection,
why was I stripped of that which so mattered,
that core magic I once knew?

Dorothy Walters
July 15, 2019



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?