Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 26, 2019

The One––poem by Dorothy 









The One

Atman is Brahma,
Brahma is Atman.
         Upanishads

I bow to it
though I do not know
its name.

I kiss its feet,
for it gives me
a blessing.

I clasp it in my arms
though I
cannot see it.

I welcome it
into my body,
for I love its texture.

I and it––
we are one.

Dorothy Walters
July 26, 2019

(Brahma: the ultimate life force that pervades the universe.
Atman: the individual soul or spiritual essence of the individual being.)

(Note: when I was eleven years old, I read the quote that begins this poem in my history book.  My reaction was, "Yes, of course, that is obvious."  These words have guided my life ever since.)








































III



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?