Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Follower of Melchizedek––poem by Dorothy 

The Follower of Melchizedek

"Called to be a high priest after the Order of Melchizedek"
                                          Hebrews, 5:1 0

I have no robe
nor even a mark
on my forehead.

I have never worn resplendent clothes
and sat on a throne
in front of many adoring followers,
all waiting to be instructed
as to how to live their lives.

I cannot levitate
nor transfer my form
to other places
by desire or teleportation.

I have never even gone
out of my body
or almost died and returned.

Yet I have had experiences
of making love with my
Invisible too tender
to be told.

I have listened to those
who craved some sympathetic one
to hear their stories
and help them on their path.

I have been informed
with sacred truths
by unknown sources
that have guided me
to create poems, to receive reflections,
to unexpected knowings.

I have received visions and revelations,
danced to different music,
swum in a different sea.

I was the outsider,
always alone in my journey,
always striving to fulfill my mission.

Dorothy Walters
October 21, 2019

Note: Some writers assert that Melchizedek does not refer to a person but rather to those who act on behalf of humanity (primarily teach and heal), though they are not officially recognized as priests like those who wear robes and perform rituals.  In this capacity they are reminiscent of the Hindu bodhisattvas who dedicate themselves to serving humankind.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?