Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Things Not Possible 

Things Not Possible

I tell you it has taken me all my life
to arrive at the vision of gas lamps as angels . . .
                                       Lisel Mueller

I tell you it has taken me all my life
to accept these things
that are not possible
as real.

Only yesterday
a friend was telling me
how after her father died
his photograph appeared
on her computer
each morning as she
came down
for her coffee.

And when her mother died
it was she whose picture
came daily.

And when her beloved aunt
died, her likeness came through,
the single one of her among the many
others (family picnics, new babies,
dogs and cats and horses) on the machine.

When I asked my friend
how that could happen,
she said she didn't know
and didn't need to know.
She loved them all
and was happy she got to
greet them so often
even after they
were "gone."

Dorothy Walters
December 30, 2019

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?