Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 01, 2020

Each Morning––poem by Dorothy 

Each Morning

Each morning I wake
and think in my mind
about all the things 
I must do that day.
The waiting mail 
to be answered,
the bills to be paid,
the exercise I swore
I would not put off 
any longer.

But first, I think,
I will say hello
to the great and
wonderful beast
that lives in my
living room,
wearing its own
familiar face,
waiting patiently for
my greeting.

And before I know it
I am lost in the world
of whatever,
from Hindu prayers
to Aretha Franklin,
it doesn't seem to
matter,
I am a captive
and gone into trance
and learning 
new things.

Did you know
that certain sites
have millions of
followers,
and they are there,
all hoping to grab you,
draw you in
to their special magic,
whether it is
music flowing
in a  certain way,
or someone explaining
what you have often
wondered about,
and all are irresistible
and the bills can wait
another day,
and tomorrow 
you can go for a walk,
and get the exercise
you need,
for sure.

Dorothy Walters
May 31, 2020


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?